Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Decline of the Dead (2)

I spoke about the Walking Dead show yesterday, it's only fair to talk about it's sister show next so here goes:

Fear the Walking Dead

An obvious cash grab for more ratings I never had a bad premonition about it leading up to it's premiere. I was sincerely open to the idea of a spinoff showing us the months in between of the decline of mankind and rise of the zombies.

I watched the first episode with slight disappointment but was still optimistic it would pick up. The next few episodes showed promise, showing the world slowly going to crap and the sickness spreading to more of the population, the military moving in and the decline of modern civilization but the show never reached it's full potential.

And while the season finale was lackluster, the plot of them going on a boat kept me interest. I had high hopes season two would pick up the pace.

Boy was I wrong. 

Mired in confusing story lines to having NO interesting characters what-so-ever, I quickly realized this show had nothing new or exciting to offer.

The characters are so bland that after 2 seasons I only remember two names. Nick and Strand.

Strand the mysterious man with an interesting past is "Dumbledored" in season two for no other reason than to have a gay person represented on the show. With virtually, every minority they could think of being on the show it looks more like a post apocalyptic Power Rangers series than a show based off the Walking Dead.

I'm finishing this season out of respect but afterwards, I'm done with it as well.

Shame of the creators of the show for putting such little effort and heart into a show that could have been great.

No comments: