Thursday, November 20, 2014

The truth about DSL

So I've had DSL for a month now and I can safely say there's no difference between it and cable.

They say cable's faster, but I can't tell the difference. It seems just as fast if not better! Cable slows down when everyone around you is using it. So far I've had no bad experience with DSL like that.

Cable goes out more frequently. True I've only had it for a month but when the tornado came through Monroe last month everyone was without Cable for a week. DSL? It was working the moment I got power restored.

The ONLY bad thing I can say about DSL is that it's not for people uploading videos to YouTube. The upload speeds for DSL are EMBARRASSING compared to Cable. What took me 10 minutes take 10 HOURS to upload now.

I don't mind. I turn it on at night before I go to bed and the next morning it's almost done. Sometimes I go over to my parents and just upload them there since it only takes a few minutes each time. But that's not enough to convince me to go back to Comcast. No way.

When U-Verse gets here it'll be faster than cable on all counts and I can't wait to see Comcast go out of business here when it does!

If you hate cable but were afraid of DSL, go ahead and make the switch for a much lower monthly bill. Trust me, you won't regret it!

No comments: