Friday, November 21, 2014

Selfishness

One of the things I hate most about people is when they're so selfish that they don't care about anyone else but themselves. This month is about giving thanks and all they can think about is what's in it for them.

It's a sad way to live your life and I never understood why they act the way they do.

I grew up in a family that was thankful for everything they got. We were poor growing up and I never realized it until years later I was poking fun at my mom at how she doesn't cook nasty things like liver and pigs feet anymore only to find out, she did that because they didn't have enough money to feed us more.

Dang. I never knew before that day. Mom and Dad never sat around the house complaining about how bad life was or the things they wanted to make their lives easier. They were happy. Happy for everything God had given them and I feel the same way too.

You hear people complain about money, their job, their house or some trifle thing they don't have but if they thought about all of the millions of blessings they did have, they wouldn't complain so much. That's why I always try and remind them of the "haves" over the "have nots"

It's just a better way to live your life!

No comments: