Friday, August 01, 2014

Do you remember? (7)

Remember the old McDonald's? Let's talk about it today!
 This playground toy had the best story from McDonald's for me as a kid. Jeremy and I rode this after eating and on the way back, he got so sick from all the spinning he threw up in the van on the way back home.

He was never allowed to ride it again. I remember this was the best this on the playground to play with.
 Though this was a close second. That metal was extremely hot, but spinning around in this merry-go-round w's great! Especially when you had a little kid on there and started spinning it as hard as you could, the kid would fly right off it and bits it on the ground!

Which is why you don't see them around anymore.

 What about the old Styrofoam boxes the burgers would come in? Totally envious of whoever has this collection!


 An old Happy Meal toy I remember you put the stickers on yourself. I LOVED putting stickers on cheap plastic toy!

The store front from back in the day.
 
I remember the slide would burn your legs it was so hot in the summer!
 
 The old style cups for coffee. Back when everyone loved brown, yellow and orange. The official colors of the early 80's. I knew they were ugly back then!

 Fry Guy rockers that were built on these iron springs that hardly moved! Awful playground material but it was the staple at every McDonald's back then.

 The old hashbrown container. I still have fond memories of eating out of it.

The Burger Jail was the stupidest thing they ever had on their playground back in the day. You climb up a ladder on the inside, then.... crawl around inside the mouth of the burger. Where it was freaking hot from baking in the sun all day! (like the swing)

Maybe I'm glad this playground isn't around anymore now that I think about it.

No comments: