Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Best Atari games

A few years back I posted my favorite games from systems I had growing up. I skipped Atari because we never owned one but our neighbor across the street did and we played it all the time. So today I'm going to name off the best 5 games I ever played on the Classic Atari. Here goes:

 Defender

The many hours spent with this game were full of laughter and enjoyment. It sounds morbid, but shooting ships carrying humans and watching them fall always cracked us up.

Maybe I should go talk to someone.

 Galaga

A classic to be sure, but who can blame them for naming it so? When you have hundreds of enemies literally lining up at you to be shot at, I don't know of anyone who wouldn't love this game!

 Pole Position

Though hard to play, it was so much fun racing around the track and crossing the finish line. (which was rare for me since I usually ended up crashing most of the time)

 Breakout

Another classic game that was so easy to play on your computer, seemed a million times better on Atari. The joystick was way easier to control. Heck, I could STILL spend hours on this game today!

 Pacman

I have to pick my main man once again here. The old Atari design was so much fun to play on. Until I started this post, I'd forgotten the layout of the levels. Awesome.

What about you? Any Atari owners out there want to chime in on what games they loved as a kid? I'm all ears!

No comments: