Wednesday, August 06, 2014

And so it begins...

Last month the new Star Wars Insider came out with a "canon" short story. I was wonderful if I'd be Abel to resist reading it (since I read EVERTHING Star Wars) and found that not only was I able to avoid it, I had no interest what-so-ever in it.

A good sign, showing how I really feel about the new Disney Empire. It'll get harder of course. As the month grinds down, Dark Horse will stop publishing comics and thus ending another era of the old Expanded Universe.

In September, Disney era books and the Rebels TV show will hit, heralding the first of many Star Wars stories to come. By the end of the year the only EU stuff still coming out will be the RPG books and after 2015 they will end as well.

It's switching over to a Star Wars I care nothing about and when it finally makes that turn for good with the release of Episode 7, I'll be done having Star Wars in my life.

Wild to think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't give in to hate, that leads to the dark side.

Sometimes change can be good, if you let it.

Unknown said...

Don't give in to hate, that leads to the dark side.

Sometimes change can be good, if you let it.