Friday, May 03, 2013

What I'm collecting

It was only a matter of time before my Star Wars nerdiness took things to the next step....collecting the entire RPG library of books that were published by West End Games back in the late 80's  to mid 90's.

Thanks to Amazon and Ebay, I've just about have a complete set. And with the help of a lot of Amazon gift cards it didn't cost much at all!

I've never played role playing games but had a lot of friends back in the day that used to play. They invited me over several times but I regret to say I never made it around for a game. I should've and now I'm going to try and make up for it.

I play a lot of board games so why not try my hand at what West End Games offered the world way back in the days before Zahn's trilogy came out. Zahn even said in an interview that when writing his epic Thrawn Trilogy that Lucas gave him a copy of all the WEG material to have at his disposal.

I'm excited to see what news stories abound from this RPG galaxy far, far, away...

No comments: