Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pilgrim's Progress



When I was a kid, this probably was my favorite book of all time.

Way before I set foot on the stage, I remember holding a one man "play" on this book for my parents on the expanded hearth of our fireplace in Ms. Even when we moved to Monroe, I remember doing a daily story-telling of this book for my little brothers, using old felt stick-ons as props that my Dad had for us years earlier. That being said, I have nothing but fond memories over this book and have been looking forward to re-reading it for years but never made the time to do so until now.

After doing so however I noticed it's not a good without the illustrations. About every version I had of this, came with illustrations which really brought the story for life. But the classic memories from the book still remain.

The Worldly Wiseman, Christian's fight with Apollyon, his capture in Doubting Castle and several other stories are what brought my imagination to life as a kid.

For those interesting in reading it I would highly suggest getting a children's or illustrated version of the book before reading. It's much better that way.

So, what's next on my book list? Check out next week's post to see...

No comments: