Saturday, March 30, 2013

Winter's Heart

Ok, so I completed reading Robert Jordan's 9th book in the Wheel of Time series and I see what everyone's beef was back in the day.

This book could be summed up in 4 words and you wouldn't miss a thing. Seriously. That's how much DOESN'T happen in it. Fans waited over 2 years for the release of this novel felt cheated after reading it I bet. And whoever Jordan's editor is should've been fired for even allowing this book to be released.

Jordan moves each character (all 40 of them) one inch from where they were in the prior novel. He drolls on about things unimportant to the story and basically sold this to the public as a cash grab.

For me reading the books it's different. Because I can go on to the next book and continue the story but for everyone else who was reading this series back in the day, they must have thrown their hands up in disgust and walked away knowing it'd be ANOTHER 2 years before anything else came out.

Overall I still love the story, but now I see what everyone was telling me about all those years ago.

BOOK PLOT SPOILER: Rand cleanses the saidin.

There you go. That's all that happened. Now you can skip this book and move on to #10.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Yup. This was the book that did me in.

I might go back to the series soon. You make a good point that you can immediately go on to the next book so it lessens the blow that NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!