Sunday, March 10, 2013

Best Buy vs Amazon


If you haven't already heard last week Best Buy (the worst buy for electronics) has decided to go toe for toe against Amazon, guaranteeing to MATCH all prices with the online retailer.

Amazing. I never thought they'd do it, much less be around after this year. It looked to me that Best Buy would follow Blockbuster into obscurity but it seems the failing retailer has a few punches left in them.

Does this change my loyalty from Amazon...meh, probably not. But it does encourage me to look around at the competition more and I think that's Best Buy's setting out to do. They want to get back into the game in a bad way and finally they're putting their money where their mouth is on this one. 

I predict Wal-Mart will follow suit and start doing the same thing. Now that Obama has raised taxes on everyone the retailers are really fighting over who gets your buck. Hold on tight folks, I think you're about to see a retailer battle of epic proportions.

No comments: