Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why didn't they make it?!

Ok, so I we spoke about who was in it. Now let's talk about why they didn't put some of these characters in instead?
Greg Buis (season 1)

Remember funny lovable Greg? Used a coconut as a cell phone?! Ha ha! I loved this guy! How come he never got the chance to come back.
Colleen Haskell (season 1)

Duped by Kelly she naively gave up a challenge and was voted off that night. But I liked her. Why not bring her back? Oh, and the reason Richard Hatch isn't on it is because he just got released from prison for not paying taxes and the judge won't allow him to leave the country. Perhaps that's why Randy or Tyson are in it.
Silas Gaither (season 3)

Ok, so the winner Ethan Zohn isn't in it is because he has cancer but why not go for someone else from that season?

If you don't remember, Silas (shown up front) was the guy who had everything under control.... until Survivor's first plot twist happened. He was forced to switch teams and was voted out before becoming a huge threat.

I admired the man and I admired his game. It's a shame he won't get a 2nd chance to Redeem himself like so many others have.
Hunter Ellis (season 4)

This is the reason I will forever hate Boston Rob. He voted off this man early in the game. Clearly a dominate player he did ALL the work for his team. That's why Probst says it was "the most unexpected tribal counsel vote I've ever experienced"

Why Boston Rob got rid of his best player (eventually leading to his first demise on the show) is still unknown. I still feel bad for the guy and wished he's had gotten a second chance.
Brian Heidik (winner of season 5)

Why didn't he come back? Well, he turned them down during All-Stars so it comes as no suprise he's not back in this one either. But it's a shame. Guess he wanted to leave going out on top! Truly a worthy receiver of the crown he outwit, outlasted and outplayed everyone there.

Rumor is he invested all his winnings and made and even bigger fortune which is why he no longer wishes to compete.
Jake Billingsley (season 5)

No Brian? Ok, how about bringing back Jake? Remember him? The older man with the heart of a lion. Lead his team and never betrayed them, even at the end?! You rarely see such a loyal competitor in the show. I wish we could've seen him again. Perhaps age has caught up with him. Either way, it's sad. He shall be missed!
Matthew Von Ertfelda (season 6)

This was the year Jena won, he was runner-up for the crown. Nobody liked him and the original plan was to only keep him till the final 6. But he played hard and won out on the last few immunity challenges, earning his spot in the finals.

He was chosen because no one still liked him but doesn't that make him the ultimate underdog too? I really didn't think he was that bad!
Rob Cesterino (season 6)

Jeff Probst proclaimed his as being "The smartest person never to win the game" Since Russell I bet he'd retract that comment but still I don't know why he was shut out of this season? The man was in All-Stars and wanted to win SO BADLY. I felt his pain.

My only guess was that it was his decision somehow. Because as much as he wanted it I can't imagine why he'd let that dream slip away.

Johnny Fairplay (season 7)

Did I even have to mention his name? This should be the question that's on everyone's mind. Why isn't the biggest villain in Survivor's history not back on the show? NO ONE'S asking that question, yet I was able to find 2 rumors about him.

1) Jeff Probst hates him... and I'm not talking about just a little bit folks. It's true that he and Johnny do not get along.

2) They were disappointed in his last appearance (Fans vs Favorites) because he seemed to just give up. I can see that a little bit but not really. I think he knew he was out and just wanted to make it look like he didn't care. Johnny would never admit to losing the game because he just wasn't good enough.

Back with more Survivor's tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't really argue with you about most of these, mostly because I don't know most of them. I tend to forget a lot of contestants, especially from the early seasons when I either didn't watch or didn't pay close attention. I take issue with Johnny Fairplay because he did nothing but make up one lie and give up in another season. I don't give him much credit because he's a sleaze. Here's who I would add:

1.Ian or Ibrehem from Palau - Ian did benefit from Tom, but he was likeable and smart. Ibrehem was TOUGH, and got screwed by getting put on a terrible tribe.

2.Ozzie, Yul or Becky from Cook Islands. Ozzie is as physical of a threat as they get, maybe one of the best ever. Yul dominated the game, was smart and likeable as well as physical. And there HAVE to be some better women than they picked for season 20, I thought Becky was OUTSTANDING. Smart, witty, competetive.

3.Erik H. from China. He was excellent, well-liked, physical and cool. Could probably have fared better than RANDY of all people.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I have more coming tomorrow so you'll see who else I put down. Let's touch on your list a while...

Ian. Nah. The guy gave up immunity and let Tom vote him out so they could still be friends. True story. Could he have won if things would have gone differently? I don't know, he didn't seem to have the heart for it in the end.... but neither did James so hmmmm....

I'll talk about Yul and Ozzie tomorrow but Becky?! Yuck!

Erik H from China? Interesting choice. Never considered him before.

Anonymous said...

I definitely see your point about Ian. He was near the bottom on my list. But Becky? Yuck? No way, man. She made it far, and she was a MASTER of puzzles, which basically every immunity challenge comes down to these days. I really think she was calling a lot of the shots to Yul. If not Becky, I can't think of any better women for the show, and it can't be all men...

-Melton