Monday, January 25, 2010

Saints.... win?

The good people of Louisiana woke up this morning and went to get the paper to make sure they weren't dreaming.

The Saints are going to the Super Bowl.

Even though I don't care for the NFL at all I tip my hat to all the die hard Saints fans who needed this the most.

In fact, my favorite text from last night came from an old friend of mine who said: After a win like that, I'm going to snort BLOW!!!

He was kidding of course. But still.... it gave me the man giggles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for the "actual" die-hard Saints fans (Mrs. White comes to mind), but it gets a little tiresome seeing "who dat" and hearing all the people who couldn't have given two craps about the saints even one year ago suddenly come out of the woodwork as "saints fans", now that they're good. We Colts fans are used to winning, but are with our team through thick and thin :-)

-Melton

kidcardco said...

But what happens when they get stomped by the Saints? : )

Anonymous said...

Well... Then he will HATE them of course... Like any true fan would. (until next season, of course)

Anonymous said...

Well, once we beat the crap out of the upstarts, I'll be feeling good. Hahaha. Seriously though, since I'm a true fan, I love my team no matter what. The Saints are a good team, no shame in losing unless we just play like crap. I won't hate the Saints, I'll just be really disappointed...even crushed maybe.

-Melton