Friday, January 15, 2010

Why didn't they make it?! (Part 2)

Didn't recognize anyone I named yesterday? I'll pick some more current Survivors today.
Chris Daugherty (winner season 9)

Remember this moron? This was the season they pitted guys against girls. The girls slaughtered the men all the way down till there was only Chris.... and somehow he ended up winning.

A true example of how to "fall up" Chris sat and watched as the women picked themselves off one by one while he sat quietly in the shadows until he ended up winning. So pathetic was his win I guess they never asked him to come back.

Still I'm curious.... would've he be able to win it again?
Bobby Jon Drinkard (season 10 & 11)

If you're going to have that annoying Stephanie on the show, why not bring back her loser buddy? He was way more interesting and funnier than Steph. He got his shot the very next season but was voted off just like before thanks to Stephanie.

Guess America only likes the underdog if it whines for pity.
Shane Powers (season 12)

I'm not the only one who's brought this up. Remember this guy? Went a little crazy pretending some rock was his blackberry? A good villain too! Shane is just the type of crazy this season needed. I wonder why he wasn't asked to join the ranks as well?

Yul Kwon (winner of season 13)

Remember how Jeff praised his ability and game-play of Survivor? So how come we've never heard from him again? It's got to be Yul saying "No" cause I can't imagine CBS not loving an Asian on the show! Heck they brought Shii Anne in for All-Stars because they were desperate to show some multiculturalism on the show!

Oscar Lusth (season 13)

Right now, all you true Survivor fans are going "Oh YEAH!!! I forgot about him!! OZZIE!!!" Yes I loved him too. Why won't he come back? He was "Superman" in the challenges, rivaling even Colby's dominance in some cases. I wonder why they didn't pick him? Why would the great Oz refuse an invitation? Questions with no answers.
Yau-man Chan (season 14)

Be honest. Besides the winner of that season can you remember anyone else of importance? They brought him back in Fans vs Favorites but I guess now he's decided he's too old to play. Because he definitely got ratings. That's for sure!
Michael Bortone (season 16)

Right now you'll all saying "Who?!" Let me try to jog your memory. This was Fans vs Favorites. He was the fan who had the game well in hand until his idiot tribe mate (Joel) decided to make his "power play" early in the game and take him out. A move that would cost them all the game.

I was so upset because I really think this guy missed his chance to become a champion. How bout a second chance on Survivor? Hello?
Ace Gordon (season 17)

And the faces are getting more familiar. Remember when Jeff said "I wish Ace had spent more time on the show, I'd have liked to see what he could've done. But thanks to our "hero" Sugar we never found out.

Sugar believed a lie from someone OUTSIDE of her alliance that Ace was gunning for her. So she betrayed Ace without even thinking. Dumb blonde gets duped and we lose another great character on TV. What about a second shot for this guy too?
Matty Whitmore (season 17)

I have to admit. 2nd only to Russell (season 19) and Rob Cesterino, I think this guy wanted to win the most. He wore his heart on his sleeve and he fought hard to the bitter end. I hated to see him go and would've loved to see him come back.

I guess there's no chance for him either... shame!

Have any others suggestions for Survivor's you would have liked to see again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here we go:

1.Chris - was an absolute loser who lucked into it...you answered your own question on why he wasn't asked back.

2.Bobby Jon - he's way too dumb and too poor a player to be asked a third time. 'nuff said.

3.Shane - BOOM! A great pick. Lacey and I still to this DAY go around saying "I'm communicating with people NOT on this island!" with an evil grin. HILARIOUS! This guy would have been a great villain...what a psycho!

4.Yul - wasn't back for fans/faves either which makes me think he said no. He was a terrific player.

5.Ozzie - I can't believe people would forget him! I bet he could out-swim, out-climb, out-last and perhaps even out-run Colby. The guy was amazing! Probably not coming back because there were already too many people who have played twice.

6.Yau-Man - I'm not sure, based on him giving away the game the first time, and not doing well the second time, that they could justify bringing him back a 3rd time.

7.Michael B. - BOOM AGAIN! Joel was an absolute MORON for getting rid of him, it was one of the dumbest moves in survivor history, and his tribe paid dearly. Good pick!

8.Ace - Are you insane? Ace was a complete tool! We could not STAND him and his fake accent. Not even close to an all-star.

9.Matty - too boring for me. Ok, he wanted to win...but doesn't everyone? Did he even win any challenges or execute any power moves? I don't remember either.

I would only bring up two other points that you haven't:

a)You have pretty much only named dudes. I don't think Survivor was hurting for more guys to bring on the show this season. Their problem was finding enough memorable ladies that fit the bill "all star". It's pretty slim-pickins and I would have liked to see your suggestions on replacement women.

b)In the same vein as Michael B., I remember a few seasons back a guy (Aaron maybe?) that was COMPLETELY dominating the game, and the tribes were forced to send over two players of the opposite tribe's choosing, as kind of a "swap". I think it was the same season with James, China, because I'm pretty sure James got sent too (and maybe Frosti?). This guy then got picked off early because he had to re-form relationships, etc. but he was killing it up until then! He got totally screwed by Survivor, and Lacey and I still talk about how he would have been AWESOME and probably would have won...maybe he should sue CBS! He would have been an even better choice than Michael. Oh, and Erik, as I mentioned in my last comment. Or even going WAY further back, how about Michael from Austrailia who burned his hands? I'm not sure Colby and Tina would have dominated, because it was only after that accident that things started to turn their way...

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Chris- True but he IS a champion.

Bobby Jon- Same tribe as Steph. I still don't know what the difference in the two were. They were the last 2 on the "loser" tribe.

Ozzie- But would he have beaten Colby? It would be great to see that, agreed.

Eeee... the same (sadly) could be said for Colby. Who was ousted quickly in All-Stars.

Michael- I just love how you keep saying "BOOM" : )

Ace- Jeff DID say he could have gone far if not double crossed by Sugar. Sure he's a villain but I would have liked to see more of what he could do.

Matty- He grew on me throughout the season and YES I think he had a strong will to win. True he couldn't come up on top in the end but you could tell he truly gave it his all.

a) Yikes! You're right! I'll post them tomorrow!

b)Michael from 2 wouldn't have gotten much farther but I agree. he'd be an interesting choice. And are you sure you aren't talking about Silas NOT Aaron? Because that's the EXACT story of what happened to him in Survivor 3.