Friday, June 20, 2008

WEEZER RED!!!


So my favorite band Weezer came out with a new album and I had NO idea!!! I came across somone in my I.T. department who was listening to the album when I was passing thru. I stopped, looked, held mouth open, then said "WHAT IS THAT??!!"

A true sign of when you know you're getting old is when you thought your favorite band had broken up years ago and wasn't making another album ever again. I don't listen to the radio AT ALL anymore and MTV was never something I watched in the first place so the only way I hear music news is thru word of mouth.

And when I rushed to the store to buy the new album it was like something out of a dream. I couldn't believe it was out!! I'm still looking at the CD right here on my desk and thinking "Wow, it's like a wish come true..."

Ok nerdy thoughts for the weekend I know, but admit it, you'd be happy too if a band you liked (that had broken up) came out with a new album and you didn't know about it, wouldn't you!? Hmmm.... perhaps that's already happened and you don't even know it yet..... better go out and check the stores!!

Have a super weekend folks, I plan on bringing Megan back to post on Monday.... if she can get her written post to me in time that is. (heh heh...)

6 comments:

MajorLamont said...

Ahhh...Rivers Cuomo. Doesn't he look good in a moustache?! Well, Weezer didn't ever really break up. They've gone through a bunch of bassists over the years but they did put out the album Make Believe in 2005 and before that Malidroit in 2002. So they've been together just not in the lime-light. I think you have to be older like us Matt to really like Weezer. They will always be one of my favorite bands b/c of The Blue Album and Pinkerton. Especially Pinkerton. After that, Matt Sharp left the band and they have been inconsistant at best. The music is still good and I do like the grove on Pork and Beans but where did the good writing go? Did it leave with Matt Sharp? I think so.

kidcardco said...

Good point. I forgot about Sharp! I really liked him a lot on the 1st 2 albums and you're right once he left it did feel like the Weezer mobile was running with a spare tire.

I remember he left to start that other band that had the song "Friends of P" Not band, but even he becomes so-so without Weezer. (who replaced him by the way?)

Anonymous said...

Well, I was suppose to post back today to make up for Monday, but he decided to post about Weezer.

It's alright though I suppose!

Megan

Anonymous said...

ha my friend and I were like this when the new Eagle's album came out......awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's like when I found out the Backstreet Boys made a new CD!! So I rushed out and got it..and they had let my favorite member, Kevin, go...

I was sad.

MajorLamont said...

Matt Sharp left to go help the band "The Rentals." I thought they had a handful of good songs but they just didn't put it all together. Some guy named Mikey Welsh was the bassist for the green album but then he had a mental breakdown or something and left. Now they have a dude names Scott Shriner. He's the one on the far right in the pic. He's ok I guess.