Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm back!


The first time I met Matt…

I figured I would share a little on how I met him, first thoughts, and the other things that come with it.

My friend Laura was in a play “Footloose” and I went to see her perform. Well Matt was in the play as well, but when I first saw him, I didn’t think anything of it. Towards the middle to end of the play, I leaned over and told my best friend Becky, “Wow! That Willard guy is really cute. How awesome would it be to have a guy that acted like that all the time?”

After the show was over, I was telling Laura about it and how cute I thought he was and she says back, “yeah and he acts like that all the time”. After that, I tried to get her to introduce me, but it never happened.

A couple of months went by and she asked if I wanted to go see “Oscar and Felix”, another play, with her and she told me Matt was in it. Well that night I got nervous and didn’t talk to him, but I did talk to Mark! ;) I went a second time with another friend and Laura and this time he came up to me and talked to me. I was so stunned, but very much excited!

One day I ended up going to his church with a couple of my friends and after he invited us over for lunch. We visited and talked for a while and had a good time. After that day, we started e-mailing each other and had made plans to hang out…as friends. At this point, he still didn’t know I somewhat liked him. After hanging out a while, I invited him over to watch a movie. It wasn’t until that night that he discovered my secret.

My little sister had made a video on my camera talking about me liking Matt and how she wanted to meet him. Well that had been a few weeks before, and I completely forgot about that when I uploaded my memory card to my computer. While he was looking through the pictures on my computer, he started watching the video and that’s how he found out I liked him.

We had lunch together a few times and one night we were hanging out talking and that’s when he told me how he felt about me. After that moment, we started dating. I couldn’t be any happier. Before all this happened, I honestly thought Matt would not go for me. But to my surprise he did and that brings us to today.

Matt even says he’ll let me post again this Friday since he skipped me last Monday so I’ll talk to everyone again real soon!

5 comments:

pard1959 said...

Yessssss....Monday Mornings with Megan is back!

Can I get a little "what what" for my part in this? As suspected, Matt has this rock star presence. However, the little old guy (me) is very approachable and became the perfect transition to meeting Matt.

Matt, what other evidence do you need to allow me to be your manager?

MajorLamont said...

If I were a Wilkins, I would want to be Bray. But if Bray wasn't available I would want to be Caleb. But if he wasn't around....I would want to be Jordan.

pard1959 said...

Regarding the comment you left for me:
For all I know, Matt, they could have been super-imposing your image on one of the screens located on either side of the stage. So, you may be on to something. =D

But here's the really cool thing. If Daniel told me once, he told me thirty times, one of the contestants looked just like Megan. We can't believe she didn't win on that fact alone!

Bray & Kajsa Wilkins said...

Megan-
I have to say, I love your posts! It's really fun, especially since I haven't met you yet, to hear the details of the story-girls ALWAYS tell it best!:)
And, I have to say, it sounds like Matt is a pretty lucky guy to have you notice him! (although I think he's pretty great, too!)
I get more and more excited for September as I read these!
Love you both!
-Kajsa

Susannah said...

Yay!!! I am sooooo happy for you and Matt! This is super exciting :) That is such a cute story too.