Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Mornings with Megan BEGINS!!!

THE PROPOSAL!!!!



(How it really happened)

On Saturday, May 31, I took Matt out to eat at Outback for his birthday. After we finished eating, we were going to go back to my house and watch a movie. He wanted to stop by his house and change clothes, so I took him home.



I was just going to sit in the car and wait on him while he did that. I sent him a text and told him, to grab one of his new movies and we could just watch one of them. He, in reply, says "come up here and help me pick out one". Not thinking anything, I went in but I was on my phone and didn't recognize a change in furniture or anything. As I made my way further inside, I notice that it was very quiet and somewhat different. As I turn the corner, there is Matt standing there beside a table that has two candles, two bowls, and snickers ice cream (my favorite).



Taken away by this I asked him what the occasion was, and he says he wanted to do a candlelight dessert for me. As we are sitting down, I tell him I really appreciate it, but I was so full from dinner. I felt a little bad so I ate some ice cream anyways. He gets really quiet and I thought something was wrong. He reassured me that everything was fine, then he goes into how much he loves me and what I mean to him.



Right when I think this is a great romantic moment, he starts talking about "Lord of the Rings". I sat there for a second thinking "okay, why does he have to make this moment a little less romantic?", so I told him "Matt, I didn't read the books and I didn't like the movies so I don't know where you are going with the story". He then tells me that in the movies when a hobbit has a birthday he gives all his guests a present for coming. After a long pause, he says "so, with that being said, I got you something". In return I ask him why he got me something because it was his birthday and I didn't need anything. He says I know but I did so close your eyes.



I close my eyes then he tells me to open them, and as I did, he is kneeling beside me with the ring in box and I hear the words "Will you marry me?" My first response was "are you serious" ( all of you guys that 'know' Matt knows he likes to joke a lot). Then he says 'yes I'm serious, will you be my wife?' and I said 'yes'. After the hugging and all I apologized for the whole "Lord of the Ring" comments. Ooh...It was such a great, unexpected, and surprising night. I still smile and get giddy when I think about it.

NOW....Matt is going to give you "his version" of how it happened in comic strip form for the next few days.

9 comments:

Bray & Kajsa Wilkins said...

Hugging and all...? Was that it? You need to tell Matt to talk to Bray.;)
Love Kajsa and Bray

MajorLamont said...

Wait a second....you didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies?!? Matt, you're making a mistake!!! Turn around now!!!! MATT!!!!!!

pard1959 said...

That's so ironic. I used some lines from "Police Academy" when I asked Angie to marry me.

She had never seen the movie...so I guess that's why she said "yes". After we got married, we watched it together and she told me not to unpack my clothes yet. To this day, I'm still on a probation.

Anonymous said...

hahaha I love how you asked if something was wrong when he got all quiet. Everyone knows if Matt's quiet somethings gotta be going on. ;)
Anyway congrats to the both of you! and way to go on the proposal Matt, very nice!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Mikey! See there's a catch though. I'll admit it..I don't like "Lord of the Ring", and that's ok because he said he didn't really either. BUT to make it all better, I guess I could release my long kept quiet secret that only Matt knew. Here goes...I like Star Wars. I liked it before I even knew who Matt was. He discovered it by talking about it one day and I chimed in. So there...I think that makes up for it.

Megan

kidcardco said...

Actually I LOVE the Lord of the Rings books. It's just the movies I didn't like.

BTW this feels like I'm posting on somebody else's blog, not mine... weird.

MajorLamont said...

Well, when it comes to big epic movies, Star Wars will always win in Matt's book. And what have I told you about reading those books. Books ALWAYS ruin movies. Just watch the films; stop reading. Of course, then there's the Robocop trilogy, which is far superior anyways. Matt, you should have looked at Megan and said, "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Anonymous said...

Actually, I have some video of Matt and Frodo that you might want to see before you say, "I do."

Summer Times said...

:) i love how in the background of the picture you can see the comic strip of his next post! :)

haha...

oh and P.S. i never read the books either... im gonna jump out on a limb and say i think that would just be lame ;)
so we are in the same boat sista... and i agree star wars is much cooler!

:)