Monday, February 19, 2018

Worst Moments for Mets fans

I thought I'd cont down my worst moments of being a Mets fan.....this pains me.

5) 2008 Season

Let's start with the season where the Mets were leading the division with 9 games left and went on a losing streak of epic proportions which saw them losing to the WORST teams in baseball at the time to just slip out of the playoffs completely in the end. Yep, that about sums up what it's like to be a Mets fan.

4) 1999 NLCS Game 6

This is Kenny Rogers. There's only 2 people in this world that I swore I'd kick in the balls if I ever met them in life. Rob Liefeld and Kenny Rogers. This moron lost the game because he physically COULD NOT throw a strike. We lost the game on a walk....   a walk.....I'm probably punching him in the taint as well for good measure if I see him.

3) 2006 NLCS Game 7

Down 3 games to 1 to the Cardinals I remember telling everyone that the Mets were NOT going to lose. The Mets went out to win the next 2 games and shut St Louis fans up a bit then in Game 7 with the bases loaded, we had our top slugger up at the bat! Mighty Casey! Well....no not really. At least Casey went down swinging. Beltran just stood there and watched strike 3 sail across the plate. Guess he thought if the Mets can walk the winning run in the end of the game the Cardinals could do so too.

I think I stood by the TV with my mouth open and silent for over 10 minutes. I was completely stunned.

2) 2015 World Series

I thought (surely, this is our time!) We'd beaten the Dodgers and Cubs that year. Two of the best teams in baseball. And if the World Series only went 8 innings I'd have been wearing my World Champs shirt right now. One collapse after the next as we gave up the lead in the 9th inning 3 times to lose the World Series. This one hurt.

1) 2000 World Series

Losing to the Yankees is a terrible feelings. Losing to them in the World Series? Even worse. The Mets had dominated the season but looked like a minor league team when they walked into the Series. Only winning one game and coughing up a huge lead in the 9th for another it was a total nightmare.

Don't be a Mets fan if you struggle with depression.





No comments: