Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Tree Decor

 In keeping with this week's topic about Christmas trees, I thought I'd address this topic next. For us, we've always added candy canes to our tree. They were plan jane ones for years until I discovered Warhead canes (which we've used for the past 2 years now) A lot of people add more than just ornaments to their tree. Let's take a look at a few.
 I remember people used to put popcorn string on their trees all the time back in the day. I remember in school we even made some in class to bring home for our tree. (though I don't recall them ever making it on but rather in my mouth instead) I'm not sure if this tradition has died out by now but if you do it for your tree please let me know!
 Tinsel is something my grandmother had on her tree every year. It looked beautiful but I don't think I could ever do that with mine. With today's artificial trees (which I will always use) it seems like it would be messy and not worth the clean up. Though on a real tree I could see it being worth your time. 
Ribbon is something I see more common on trees these days. Seems like everyone has them now! I don't particularly like it but it seems to be the fashion so whatever floats your boat I guess.

What extra decor dons your tree this year? Let me know in the comments!

No comments: