Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Clothing Cull

Earlier this year I talked about how I had too many clothes for my closet and drawers. Well last month I solved that issue when my local gym was doing a clothing run for victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Let me tell you, it felt good and 2 ways. One I was helping those in need and secondly I was helping myself clean out my closet!

Oh and don't think I donated ratty clothes either. Of the 100 items of clothing donated roughly 60% had never been worn with another 30% only being worn once. Most of those clothes my family has been giving me for years (though I've begged them not to gift me any) was given and my drawers are no longer busting at the seems.

Now to some folks, this would mean I'm free to buy new clothes? At least one or two new shirts to fill in the gap? Nope! I still have PLENTY left over and no plans to buy any more. To tell the truth, I could do this again with another 50 pair, but we'll cross that bridge when the next donation drive comes along.

Why not give the thrift stores or Goodwill you say? Because I know they won't use it all. Hurrican victims have no house and no possessions (usually) so I know they can use every bit of things that are donated. I'm just glad everything's found a home.

No comments: