Thursday, October 19, 2017

Board game cull

Ok, so this isn't what my actual collection looks like but I'm too lazy to take a picture, email, download then upload here so this'll have to do.

On top of donating clothes to hurricane victims I was also blessed with the opportunity to donate games. I donated 25 games, mostly classic games and kiddie games I knew would be played. Nothing to advanced or off beat because I know the casual gamer would shy away from such things. It helped out with space on my shelf and even though I still have games stacked on the floor, I'm happy with the end result for the same reasons I listed yesterday.

My room can't fit another shelf in it, I'm all out of wall space. Going forward it looks like either my books or games will have to start moving into another room. Speaking of books, I also have a stack on the floor as well without a shelf home, so something's got to happen eventually.

I look back on past YouTube videos of my room from only a few years ago and marvel at how empty it used to be and how it slowly grew this packed in such a short time! Really only a year. But I guess that's what happens when you pick up a hobby you enjoy.

There's only a hand full of games in my collection I'd be willing to part with, but overall I'm happy with how it stands for now.

No comments: