Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Split Review

A few weeks ago (after Megan's constant pleas) I finally took her to see M Night Shyamalan's new movie Split.

I love just about every Shyamalan movie out there (except Lady in the Water) but had no interest to see this film. I hate James Mcavoy as an actor and the story line didn't look interesting at all.

However, after seeing it, I found it to be quite enjoyable and better than expected. It's not Shyamalan's best, but it is good and worth seeing. And while I'm not spoiling the ending, I have to say I did not see it coming.

Interested in what the future brings to Mr Shyamalan and his movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you liked it. I like McAvoy quite a bit, so that helps. I would say the same thing about Shymalan as you did, except I loved Lady in the Water. Haven't seen the last airbender - hear it's terrible.

SPOILER ALERT

I just figured the "twist" was him actually turning into that beast thing. When he did, I was totally down on it and thinking that it ruined the movie. Then the Bruce Willis cameo happened at the *actual* end and totally redeemed everything - it was utterly fantastic, and I almost screamed in the theater. Shymalan has since said that an Unbreakable sequel is going to be his next movie, and I am STOKED.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

You're right, showing what "universe" it happened in really gave the story more credit. And I haven't seen the Last Airbender either. I hear the same report