Monday, February 13, 2017

BGG Spirng CON wish list

I know it's not until May but I wanted to go ahead and talk about the top 5 games I hope I get a chance to play at this years upcoming Con!




5) Blood Rage

I hear so much about this stupid game but it looks so boring to me. I have to at least try it because EVERYONE says it's so good and I need a Viking game for my collection so hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out.

4) Star Trek Fleet Captains

I here great things and the pieces look great. From what I see, it's easy to play as well, so I'm interested in checking it out. I have a Star Trek game already but it's very easy to play and not much on strategy. This one could be an improvement.

3) Mice and Mystics

I saw this at Gencon last year and was so intrigued. Hopefully I can find a group to play with, who'll show me the game. I already have a similar "coop quest" game in Descent, but if this one proves unique enough, it could be added to my collection.

 2) Battle of the Five Armies

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan and this game based on the last few chapters of the Hobbit seems straight up my ally. But whenever I look at the game online it doesn't seem that fun. HOWEVER all the reviews say if you're a fan of the books you'll be a fan of the game. Guess I'll have to give it a shot and find out for myself!



1) War of the Ring

For the same reason as listed above, nothing but great things have I heard about this game. It looks awesome but (again) the gameplay seems bland. It's from the same people who did the Five Armies game so I guess if I try one and like it, I'll like the other. I've almost gone ahead and bought this game, but something tells me this is a "try before you buy" situation.

Man I can't wait for May to get here.

No comments: