Friday, February 03, 2017

AT&T Bust

So a few weeks ago I received a letter in the mail that I could now get AT&T Fiber internet at my house. Giving me over 1000mbp's Download and Upload capabilities. I couldn't wait to get it!

I called the next day and had an installer out later that week. It took 5 hours to install because it required work both in and outside the house. When it was all hooked up and ready to go, I tried it out....only to discover I was running at a lower rate than I was with Comcast.

The Installer said he had no idea what the problem was and that everything looked good on his side. I tried resetting my laptop and trying it again but it did no good.

I then called AT&T to cancel. Tech support spent on entire hour with me on the phone trying to get things to work but each time they though they had it, my connection got slower and slower until my speed was 3mbp's. Slower than dial up.

They gave up and let me cancel. Thank goodness I still had Comcast installed or it'd have been a worse day. I really wanted to switch over to AT&T but unfortunantly they dropped the ball on this one and it looks like I'm stuck with Comcast for another 10 years.

No comments: