Tuesday, June 11, 2013

80's fashion that's STILL cool today!

Ok, I was thinking about this last week and there's some 80's fashion I'd STILL wear today (if the Mrs let me)

Let's talk about them and how cool there were ARE!

Ahhh.. the blue jean jacket. When I first got mine I can't remember who gave it to me but I'm pretty sure it was a gift from my grandmother. Anyway... I loved it. I wore it ALL the time. I even collected pins and badges to put on it for "extra coolness" even when the style was fading out in the early 90's I wore mine with pride!

I found it not to long ago and tried it on. Surprisingly it still fits (though rather tight) I wanted to wear it one night to a function but after receiving the evil eye from the Mrs I promptly put it away. Since then, I haven't been able to locate it, which makes me wonder if she got rid of it for good.

Either way, this fashion is only for woman or Mexican Highway workers of which I'm not in either class. It's sad because look at it....DANG THAT LOOKS GOOD!

The calculator watch.
I think this is the EXACT one I had as a kid and I thought I was the coolest person in the world because of it! I wore it all the time and used the calculator on it for the stupidest reasons. Like adding up things in the grocery store with mom just to see how much the total was, or random calculations just so people could see me on my calculator watch.

C'mon! Who WOULDN'T want that stylish thing on your wrist?!

Last but certainly not least were Roos. Shoes with pockets in them. See where it says Roos on the label? That is where you pulled apart the Velcro pouch and placed anything in the side pocket of your shoe.

I had a pair as a kid where I kept all my change. However, as time went by I had so much change in them it ended up busting through the pocket and all across the street I was walking down.

It was funny because I didn't notice it until some kid told me. Every time I stepped you could see I nickle, dime or quarter (cause silver is how I rolled!) where every footfall had been.

Awesome shoes. And if I had to do it all over again...that's what I'd still be wearing today!

What about you? Any fashion's you'd still be wearing today if ya could?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I despise anything denim, so I applaud your wife's decision on the jacket.

I remember having one of those watches too, it was like we were living in the future!

I never got to own a pair of Roos, though not from my lack of trying! The pair I wanted were a snazzy teal.

kidcardco said...

I felt like all watches were going to turn into wrist communicators like on tv. Words cannot describe how cool I felt with that thing on....and my blue jean jacket!!!