Wednesday, June 12, 2013

80's fashion that SUCKED then and STILL sucks today!

Alright, so I told you what I thought was cool still today in the 80's but what fashion's did I HATE back then and STILL hate today?

Let's look at a few...

The half cut jersey.

Remember when men used to wear the half cut football jersey to show off their mid section?!

This is a terrible example pick but I couldn't find the one I'm talking about, which leads me to believe they were so awful some "Web Guardian" decided to delete every pic of one posted on the www! (good for him!)

Anyway, I remember it being all the rage growing up and I thought it was stupid back THEN and I was 9! My grandmother bought me one for my birthday and had to go take it back to the store when she realized I hated it.

If anyone has a better pic of what I'm talking about. Send it to me and I'll re-post it.

I see these ALL the time at "retro" stores calling them 80's fashion but believe me they were few and far between for folks wearing them. I thought they sucked back then too! I knew one girl that had a pair and I think it was only to match what she had on that day. I tried on some when I was a kid and remembered thinking they sucked and how stupid people looked in them. (except when Debbie Gibson did it and that's because anything Debbie Gibson did back in the day was HOT)

I picked up a pair to look at just last year at a costume shop and it looks like they're made from the exact same crap material they were made out of back then. So they get an "A" for consistency I guess.

 The striped polo shirt of the 80's. It looked like sin wrapped in a napkin lit up and left on your door step for you to stomp out only to later realize you had nasty 80's polo on your shoe.

THIS was your great design in the 80's folks! Come to think of it, if you add yellow and make the lines smaller this WAS my shirt back in the 80's and mom made me wear them to school every week! I HATED those polos. (part of the reason I rarely wear polos today) I knew they were ugly back in the 80's when everyone was wearing them.

I think now everyone knows how ugly they were and I pray they DON'T come back in fashion again.

Well, that's the style I hated in the 80's. Did I miss anything? Let me know...
 

1 comment:

hollie said...

http://www.baseballcardbust.com/2009/12/chris-zorich-1991-pacific-football.html