Thursday, March 15, 2012

Worst Sequels

I've decided to turn the conversation to the negative a little and talk about worst sequels I've ever seen. In no order here they are:

Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions


After the first one came out we couldn't wait to see what the sequels would look like. Now that we've seen them we wish they'd never been made. How can you fall so fast and so hard on such a good thing.

Matrix 2 wasn't SO bad though, but the "rave" scene looked so out of place you began to wonder if you were still watching the same movie. Seriously, it would be like the Dark Knight having a musical duet between the Joker and Batman during their last scene together in the film. We'd all be like "What the heck??"

Blair Witch 2


There's bad, there's worst and then there's Blair Witch 2. This movie was as embarrassing as Joan Rivers would be entering into the Ms America Pageant. It's like Hollywood watched this film and said "Oooh! OOOoooh! Let me try!" and totally failed to deliver. I'm ashamed I actually saw this in theaters.

Transformers 2 or 3


These movies were so bad I truly have no idea why they were made. In fact, if you wanted another year and showed me a clip of either 2 or 3 I wouldn't be able to tell you which was which. The movies blended together in such boring repetition that it seemed like a mindless blur of pointless scenes and tired plots. Why couldn't we have gotten a Voltron story with this money instead?

Boondock Saints 2


As you know, I love me some Boondock Saints! But the sequel was horrendous! It's funny because if you fast forward through all the scenes all the "stooge-like" cops and villains that made the movie so unbearable, it's actually a good film.

Really, if I sat you down and showed you every scene with just the brothers in it you'd say "Wait! Rewind it! I want to see the whole thing, this doesn't look that bad at all!" Then after watching it you wouldn't speak to me again for the better part of a year.

That's my worst sequels, what's yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take out the rave scene, and I loved Matrix Reloaded. You can't crucify a movie over one scene. Many people didn't like how Revolutions ended, so they ditched the whole thing, but I quite liked the whole thing. I wouldn't put them anywhere close to the rest of your list.

Transformers 3 wasn't bad. 2 was awful, but I enjoyed 3 for what it was: a special f/x bonanza. After the first 30 minutes, it settled down and got pretty enjoyable.

-Melton

Unknown said...

Ok, let's talk about the matrix. Matrix 2 wasn't too terribly bad, what made it unwatchable to me was the laughably bad CG Neos and Smiths during the burly brawl in the park. For the 10 or so minutes of the film it turned into a dragon ball cartoon. Thankfully, in revolutions they used the cinematic trick of hiding questionable CG with rain and it actually did the trick.

For me probably the worst sequels would have to be X-Men 3, Spiderman 3 (although Spiderman 2 would actually be one of the best sequels), Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Indiana Jones:Crystal Skull, Blade 3 (again, 2 was actually really good), Star Trek 4,5,7,9

kidcardco said...

Wow. Quite a list! X-men 3 I enjoyed. Spiderman 3 was forgettable. Batman Forever I enjoyed (minus Tow-Face) and Blade 3 I kinda liked too. Star Trek 5 was by far the worst Trek movie ever made but 4 I kinda liked. Indiana Jones is a big "duh" as is Batman and Robin.