Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TV Review

So two of my shows I've been watching this season are done and instead of waiting for Survivor to wrap up I'm going to go ahead and grade the other two shows for this season:

Clone Wars



Though better than the dismal season 3 they didn't do much for improvement on this show. Sure there were some good episodes, but bringing Darth Maul back from the dead was an awful idea. Perhaps their worst.

Lucasfilm's officially have pronounced him dead in several printer articles. I say printed because they've erased all digital evidence of it as of late last year. The Pompous George Lucas has decided to re-write Star Wars cannon for 2 reasons:

1) More Maul will lead to more merchandising.
2) Bringing back Darth Maul would be considered "cool" never mind it being impossible to explain.

How impossible? Well, I kept waiting for a explanation for Maul's sudden re-appearance..,.and I'm still waiting.

The hard fact is they won't ever give an explanation as to how they'll just make you accept it and move on. Sure Lucas will hire some bozo to sell us a story in book form that "explains" how he came back and how you spent $7-$22 reading about how it happened.

I'm giving this season a "C" and will sadly drag myself to see season 5 and hope this Maul story line doesn't drag out the entire next season. *spoiler* It probably will.

The Walking Dead



Great season. Great show. Started slow in the 2nd half of the season but delivered the last 4 episodes and so gets an "A" for the season.

I don't want to go too much into the show just in case you're thinking about watching it. Please do. It's worth you time!

Now all I have left it Survivor and then it's Damages in the Summer. Feels good not having that many show to watch!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Dexter? Back in September. And you really should be watching Homeland after it.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Dexter only plays in the fall. Homeland I'd watch if Claire Danes didn't annoy the snot out of me. : )

Unknown said...

OK, let's put on our nerd hats for a moment and talk Clone Wars. First off, this is a universe where the Dark side + technology can keep someone alive long after they should have died. Examples: 1) Darth Vader, he should have died from having been burned so badly and being cut all to pieces. But his hatred for Obi-Wan, his Passion for Padme, and the technology at the disposal of the Empire kept him alive. 2) General Grievous, and he didn't even have use of the force! He was basically a set of eyes, lungs and heart, encased in a robotic body. So, basically believing that Maul had lived through an ordeal IS a bit of a stretch, it is not impossible within the star wars universe. He channeled his dark side hatred for Obi-Wan so intently, that he drove himself insane, as well as keeping himself alive. (btw there are plenty of real life humans that can live without their lower half)

kidcardco said...

There are many people who can live without their bottom half (Bill Clinton isn't one of them) but the fact that Lucas changed Star Wars Canon (of which I hold dear) just because he thought it'd be cool to bring Maul back sounds a little too much of a stretch to me. star Wars continuity is what make Star Wars better than Star Trek. We didn't complain when Boba came back I agree, but Lucas even said the reason he cut Maul in two was so there wouldn't be a doubt of his demise. like I said he was pronounced dead in cannon until late summer of last year. THAT's what bothers me.

Unknown said...

Well, George changed stuff right from the beginning, I mean the love triangle between Luke, Leia, and Han evaporated quickly when he decided to make Leia Luke's sister. Obi-Wan was supposed to be trained by Yoda, not Qui-Gon. If anyone has the right to change canon its George (for better or worse) I mean the novel, comic, and video game writers have been messing with it for years. If someone brought back Thrawn I don't think people would be up in arms, but when George does it, people get really pissed off. Although I do think I wouldn't be too pleased with having Jango Fett come back as a head in a jar.

kidcardco said...

I'd be pissed if they brought back Thrawn, Chewie or Mara Jade. But now I guess, anything goes as far as Lucas is concerned, : )

Unknown said...

Chewie isn't dead, didn't happen.