Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best Trilogies ever!

Time to discuss the best trilogies in film. Some of the sequels I neglected to mention yesterday fit better here in this section. I won't be mentioning the Star Wars trilogy in this list because it goes without saying, those movies were the best.

Here we go:

Godfather

I know 3 gets a lot of flack but it ended the story and that's really what mattered. Overall I find this to be an incredible story that hasn't lost it's intrigue several years after it's release.

Scream


1-3 were so perfect I remember turning to my best friend after leaving the movie theater of Scream 3 I said "I'm buying these movies!" Even the 4th one in my opinion was pretty good for what it had in it.

Desperado (trilogy)


From the low budget El Mariachi to the incredible Once Upon a Time in Mexico this trilogy delivers! I saw these last year and they're just as good as the first time around!

Die Hard


Yippie Ky-yi-yeah! How can you NOT love these movies! 1-3 (even the 4th one) are still more entertaining to watch than many of the action movies out there today! What can I say? I love my John McClain!

Indiana Jones


True I said I wouldn't mention Star Wars but Indiana Jones (1-3) are among the best! I know Temple of Doom has taken it's knocks with the critics but honestly I enjoyed that movie just as well. It was dark and featured Short Round who delivers some of the best quotes in the movie! "I have all your money Dr Jones, Ha. Ha!" and "No time for love Dr Jones!"

Terrific!

It always features... get this, a woman who ISN'T badass and can take care of herself. (which is a rare depiction these days)

Great trilogy indeed.

That's my list, what's yours?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I beg to differ about the 'badass chick' thing. Marion Ravenwood is the prototype for badass chicks. She can drink any man under the table, she can fight (at least a little) and she's the best female lead in any of the Indy movies. As for the El Mariachi trilogy, I think Desperado is one of the best action films ever! Die Hard 2 was terrible, but 3 made up for it. Never seen the Godfather movies.

kidcardco said...

NEVER seen the Godfather movies?!? really?? I'm shocked!

Unknown said...

Desperados Trilogy

nycca