Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The problem with remakes

Today we're going to talk about Hollywood's obsession with re-makes. I don't think they ever work and that Hollywood is compketely out of fresh ideas to come up with anything else.

Let's take a look at the most memorable ones.

Dawn of the Dead


In my opinion, this is the ONLY film that is actually better than the original! It was well done and really surprised me in theaters the year it came out. The orginal was good too, but I gotta say this film beats it!

The Karate Kid


I broke down and finally watched this. It had it's moments but fell way short of the original. In fact, the training scenes which made the first film such a great movies, were wasted in this film. I mean, taking your jacket off and hanging it back up?! Come on! At least have him do things like SWEEP the floor or DUST the windows or something else?! That's free child labor man!! Mr Miagi saved hundreds of dollars off Daniel-son!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


This had potential that sadly flopped out the door after you finished watching the film. The real crime committed is that most kids will think THIS was the original and not even bother checking out one of Gene Wilder's BEST performances!

Original still rules.

Day of the Dead


This was just a disaster! After the success of Dawn of the Dead I guess they thought lightening would strike twice but here it struck out! The original Day of the Dead isn't the best film ever but I'd rather watch it again than this garbage!

Any other movies come to mind?

No comments: