Monday, March 12, 2012

Best Westerns

Let's talk about movies again this week. Starting with the best westerns I've ever seen. I tried to rank them but couldn't because they're each SO good! You won't see any John Wayne movies in here and it's not meant to diss the Duke, I just felt most of his westerns were like an action movie by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Fun movies but better for quotes!

So here we go, in no particular order...

Shanghai Noon


Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are freaking fantastic in this western comedy. There's so many hilarious scenes in it that even the outtakes from the movie keep me laughing.

Magnificent Seven


It's unbelievable that after so many years this movie is STILL atop almost every top 10 I saw while conducting my search. It's a timeless classic that'll make even the harshest critic glad they saw this movie. Such a good story. (also something Hollywood has so far left alone in creating a remake!)

Tombstone


If you don't like this movie, then I have no respect for your taste in film. This may be the best acting job for every star who starred in this film. Wonderfully shot and directed this masterpiece would make anyone yearn for the good ole days of the wild west.

Lonesome Dove


I know, technically it could be considered not a movie but this HAS to be on my list for being one of the best. I remember my roommate at the time (Clay) forced me to watch this with him one weekend. I was TOTALLY against the idea because of the name alone. This would be later on considered to be one of the biggest times I've been wrong about a movie. (However with Batman and Robin I was DEAD ON)

That's my top westerns, what's yours?

No comments: