Monday, June 19, 2006

What I'm watching



Look what I got in the mail this week! YES!! It's from way back in 1986 whne my boys went all the way!! It was actually the first time I really started getting into baseball. Dad had us collecting baseball cards and going to the Met's AA team in Jackson almost every other week. So when I saw them for the first time on TV winning the World Series, it was a given that they would become my favorite team. Now MLB films has decided to put the entire 7 game series on DVD and I'm watching them again for the first time in 20 years! It's exciting!

I remember when I was a kid, placing my baseball cards down on the carpet in front of the TV while I watched it. I had them both teams cards in order of the lineup and would place them in the appropriate manner on my pretend baseball field.... it was fun. (c'mon, tell me you didn't use to do that as well?!)

Anyway this has given me loads of entertainment for the next few weeks so I thought I'd share it with you. (at least Rick will think this is cool)

Now a few updates before I go. The movie will have to be re-shot according to my editor, because the lighting wasn't done well enough. But I should have some pics to post anyway from the original filming within the next few weeks. Until then, it's back to the beloved comic strips.

One other thing, those trying to contact me by phone, you can't. It's offically dead. I can't make or recieve calls now, making it a glorified phone and message system. (I get the messages promtly 2 hours after you leave them folks) So I've orderd another phone as a replacemnt for this is and hopfully it'll be in by next week.

Wow, this is a long post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our phones are thinking alike. : )


- Mel

Anonymous said...

Rick remembers when they won the world series back in 86, and he was only 6. He got so excited that he threw the bowl of popcorn that he was eating off his lap...hehe.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least we know that YOU didn't officially hang up on us -- your phone did. Call us when you get a new phone, so's we can have the number. K? K.
P.S. I kind of enjoyed swearing at your phone. I might miss it.

RickCapezza said...

They were nachos. And they stuck to the wall.