Monday, June 29, 2015

What happend to toy guns?!

 
I know this post is more of me wanting to gripe than it actually making sense but I felt the need to address it so I'm doing it here.

The toy gun. As kids we had a great time playing with them, but as time went on, safety concerns increased and sadly toy guns started looking like this.

I remember all toy guns weren't like this in stores at the time, so we searched for one without the orange tips on it because we thought they looked stupid. As the year went by however, it got harder and harder to find until they were all carrying the dreaded "orange tip"

A lot of the kids in the neighborhood "fixed" that but using a screw driver and a hammer to break it off. You ran the risk o destroying the gun point but to some of us, it was worth it.
 

 Take the Han Solo gun for instance. Back in the day my friends older brother had one and it looked awesome. When I heard they were reprinting it again in the late 90's I couldn't wait to pick up one for myself when it came out. But this is what we got:
I HATED it. It looks horrible and is a bigger eye sore than joy to look at. I've always wanted to spray paint it black but never got around to doing it.

I know it's for safety concerns these days but I really don't like the way toy guns look these days.

Ok, hopping off the soap box now. C-ya tomorrow folks!

No comments: