Friday, May 04, 2012

In the year 2000

I remember my Dad asking me when I was young what the year 2000 would be like and I remember thinking it would be very similar to the Jetsons in a way. We'd have hover cars that could fly 3 feet off the ground....and that's what would replace cars back then. No, I didn't think we'd all have space trips but I remember thinking you'd be able to take trips to visit the moon whenever you wanted. It's stupid now, but I really believed that. I also remember singing Prince's song 1999 and thinking "That's SO far away!" Now all I think is "That was so long ago!" Guess one of the many signs of showing my age! So what crazy ideas did you have for the year 2000? Anyone else care to embarrass themselves?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no cause i turned 13 in 1999 all i thot bout 2000 was Y2K

Anonymous said...

6207109484