Saturday, September 03, 2011

Utah State game



After sitting thru Auburn's first game I need to pass out a few apologies:

1) I apologize to Utah State, for letting their team think they were going to win the game but pulling a rabbit out of our hat to take it away from them. Pathetic.

2) I apologize to the NCAA. This was no way for the defending National Champions to open up their first game of the season. Sorry about that.

3) I apologize to the WAC for making their conference look good in college football.

4) I apologize to the Auburn fans, I guess Gene isn't an idiot...no really...he played smart football out there...really.

I'm just thankful we didn't play those BEAST from South Florida! Yikes! Did anyone see that game? National Champion contenders if I've ever seen one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I wouldn't talk sh*t like your dad does, when you very nearly (and should have) got beat by UTAH STATE. And then Georgia goes and lays an egg against Boise. Despite ND's pathetic turnovers, they played really well, so while I was crushed by the loss, I was laughing pretty hard about the dawgs and tigers (not to mention ole miss). Maybe you should pick your spots a little better.

In other news....You're so money!

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I KNOW my Tigers did bad. (hence the "apology" post. Who cares about Georgia or Ole Miss? LSU was the big profile game and they stomped those Ducks!

As for ND, they may be in the same boat as my Tigers are. I bet things won't look so pretty for Auburn this week when they play Miss State.

PS- You're so money as well.

Anonymous said...

Matt, the point is that YOU care about Georgia and Ole Miss, as do SEC fans. Just look at your previous post! You encouraged UG to "show them how real football is played", and you go on to talk smack about the SEC and continued to do that in the post that follows this one, re: oregon/lsu. Georgia/BSU was also a high profile game, and the dawgs got their butts kicked. Add that to Ole Miss (remember, they're in the SEC, and SEC fans should care when one of their teams outside of Vandy and Kentucky loses, particularly to patsy BYU) losing, Auburn nearly losing, and S. Carolina struggling against the sisters of the poor, and it wasn't exactly a banner week for the SEC, despite what y'all may want to think or proclaim.

All I'm saying is that SEC fans seem to have a selective memory. When everything is going well, they let you know about it. A lot. When things aren't so great, they conveniently forget about it, and concentrate on a single game. It's kinda sad, really. Now, I'm sure there will be some chest beating in the future, it just wasn't your greatest week, that's all.

-Melton