Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sanrioman

Everyone's been asking me about Sanrioman. I guess not all of you have heard the story so I'll tell it to you today.

Sanrioman was a character I invented right when I started college. One of my first jobs was a retailer at a store called "Sanrio Surprises" where I first aquired the name "sanrioman" for being the only guy working at the childrens store.

Of course with a mind as warped as the next man, I started coming up with an idea for a superhero who runs around the mall in a cape and mask, trying to save people, when actually he does more goofing off than anything else.

The orignal series only lasted 20 issues. But over time people kept requesting more books so I kept drawing them until up to now. When I finally reached my 100th issue. I decided to stop his series for now and work on something else. If you like Cardco fans, I'll show you the cover to what I'm working on right now with my brother tomorrow. It's weird.... very weird, but I'll show you the cover and explain a little to you about it Friday. Until then.... enjoy the strip!

No comments: