Thursday, August 24, 2023

Young Indiana Jones (review)


 I finished this series about a month ago and wanted to give a little review of it here. 

Because the new movie was coming out I wanted to re-watch the series again. I remember watching it as a kid when it originally came out and then once again when I bought them on DVD years ago. 

The 9 episodes where he's a 9-10 year old are....rough. There's only one episode I really enjoyed from that era.  

The only interesting episodes were the ones dealing with Indy's time during WWI which I mostly enjoyed. Sean Patrick Flannery plays a great Young Jones and there's even an episode that ties into Temple of Doom, though I didn't realize it until watching the film later on. 

The diamond featured at the beginning of the movie was the same one he and his friend Renny were searching for in an episode of the series. 

Harrison Ford makes a cameo in one episode....but it's probably one of the worst of the series. He's the only redeeming part of that episode. 

Overall....its skippable. And I may never watch the series again. I know it's streaming on Disney+ right now but can't honestly recommend anyone spending time watching it. Very boring in some parts and not enough redeemable quality to enjoy outright. 

No comments: