Monday, May 23, 2022

TV firsts


 There were 2 shows I first watched at my Memom's when I was little. The first was reruns of the Batman show from the 60's. I was blwon away by this program and that it came out Monday-Friday everyday, I didn't miss an episode when we were staying with my grandmother. 

I remember getting in trouble with Dad when we stayed too late for lunch at someone's house and I yelled at him to go faster because I was missing my Batman program. 

After missing the first 10 minutes I watched the rest of the show standing due to my fanny hurting.


 The 2nd show was in 1987 when TMNT premiered in my grandmother's tv market and I got to watch the first ever 5 episode series. My brothers and I were hooked. Back in the day they asked you to call into the station if you were interested in the TV station picking up the series. 

We SO would've called but it never aired in Forest so we missed out on it for the longest. 

Watching both these shows for the first time was magic however. Just another in a long line of great memories from my past. 

No comments: