Monday, May 23, 2022

1990


 Right as we were moving to Monroe I was sent over to my Memom's and had to celebrate my birthday over there while Mom and Dad moved. 

My Memom let me go out and pick out a shirt and pants all on my own. 

I picked a light grey striped white shirt with stone buttons (at least that's what they felt like) and a pair of stone washed jeans. 

I loved them so much I hardly wore them so as not to wear out the knees. Unfortunately I grew out of them too fast and rarely got a chance to wear them at all. By the time a year had gone by they were too tight and way too short to wear. 

I was bummed. Still, it was the first time I'd ever gotten to pick out my OWN clothes! The only time a 13 year old boy wouldn't complain about getting "just clothes" for his birthday.  

No comments: