Thursday, April 12, 2018

The irrelevence of the Mall

Back in my high school days, it was the coolest thing to go to the mall. Your friends were there, the movie theater was there and that's where you could buy the newest clothes, video games, toys, books, etc. It was the hip hop happening place to be!

Now all I think is "What's the point?" Need something? It cost 30% less online AND comes with free shipping. None of my friends "hang out" there (thank goodness) and there's seriously no reason for me to go...ever.

I take Megan once a year around X-mas because she loves going to the Mall around the holidays. I hate it. It's crowded with idiots who are looking at their phones instead of where they're going. Plus you have the occasional "I didn't bathe" customer walking past you so you can get a whiff of their horrible hygiene.

I can't wait for the day when these will be obsolete in our society. It's already happening happening today! The number of empty stores is increasing every where I go but not fast enough. Shut'em down, I say. Let them die.

I'll keep my good memories and live quite nicely the rest of my days without having to visit another mall ever again.

No comments: