Saturday, October 15, 2011

Star Wars books never released

Believe it or not they actually have Star Wars books that have been worked on (or in some cases completed) that were never released. Let's talk about a few of them now.

1) Imperial Commando 2 and Boba Fett book

Both of these would've been written by Karen Traviss. As I've told you she was let go from Lucas earlier this year for being terrible. I know the sound of a Boba Fett book would've been cool but trust me, from Traviss it would've been awful

2) Knightfall



A New Jedi Order book that I have no doubt would've been great but it didn't get off the ground and instead they made plans to write something else. The cover was made which is why I have it shown here. We'll never know what it could've been I guess.

3) Blood Oath



Word is Lucas really wanted this book made but the author suffered from "personal problems" and it was never completed. They loved it so much though they finished the cover art for the book, placed it on pre-order at one time online and even included a mention of the story line later on in other books. I'm curious to see if they'll ever try to pick up the story again and do something with it. Until then we'll cross our fingers and see.

4)Escape from Dagu



Guess what folks? This book has actually been completed and is now seating on a dusty shelf never to see the light of day. Why? Turns our Del Rey only has the permission of Lucas to produce 45 books under their current contract. The made this one with the intention of releasing it but after consideration they shelved it. The reason? The main character in the story "Shaak Ti" wasn't deemed popular enough to sell the book so they went with a Yoda story instead. I did some research online and found a petition to Del Rey for the release of the book. I signed it and found out I was #27 to do so. Yeah, it's a good bet we'll never see this book ever.

Ok that's all for now folks. C-ya later!

No comments: