Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Misc Sports Movies!

So I had to group these together since there wasn't that much to make a post out of to start with. Let's start with boxing, and when I say boxing movie, you say? RO-CKY! RO-CKY! RO-CKY!

I couldn't agree with you more. The Rocky movies are great. (all but Rocky V of course) Even "Rocky Balboa" had me tearing up in parts!
Another fantastic boxing movie would be "Cinderella Man" though I think the title might have hurt the flicks overall box office gross. Great movie.
I shouldn't be talking about this one. But I LOVE bobsledding!! What an awesome Olympic event. And of course only one movie covers it "Cool Runnings" where it doesn't get any better than that.
But if we want to talk about a more serious movie "Chariots of Fire" will blow you away with it's incredible true story tale that I heard about as a kid. (I'm a sucker for true stories by the way)
Another one I just can't pass up. My favorite soccer movie? Nope, it isn't "Bend it like Beckman" it's SHAOLIN SOCCER BABY!! Laugh all you want but rent the flick... and you'll laugh even more. 

Now before I go I don't want this turning into a "sports comedy" debate.  So let's just drop the movies like "Mighty Ducks", "Happy Gilmore" and "Dodgeball" from the list. Though great movies was there any other SERIOUS miscellaneous sports movies I left out?   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.serendipitypoint.com/menwithbrooms/frameset.asp

MajorLamont said...

Ummm....you actually say that you want us to mention "serious" movies like you have yet you mention Shaolin Soccer? C'mon, it's a cool movie but it's the farthest thing from serious I've ever seen.

So if you're gonna use that one (and Cool Runnings) then I'm gonna name two myself.

1)The Cutting Edge
2)Blades of Glory