Monday, March 23, 2009

Best Sales Movies!!

Ok, let's be honest. Sales movies carry the same plot every time. But why are some of these movie still the best?! 2 of the following movies I have in my collection and 2 more are ones I would by if given the chance.

Here's the basic formula; Sales guy come in to new job, sores his way up to the top, then comes crashing down as does the whole company but not before he's gotten a way out from under the company.

For the most part that's it. But "Glengary Glen Ross" is slightly different. This is the story of 2 burned out salesmen in a burned out business. Left with nothing to go off of these guys go for broke. I mention this one first because it carries the legendary speech given by Alec Baldwin in the beginning of the movie that is STILL PLAYED at some companies during orientation!!

I kid you not. When I was training at Basic it was even suggested that I let them watch the opening seen before training. Incredible!!
Next on the list is Boiler Room. Yes, that is Vin in the background but he's not featured that much throughout the movie. Ben Afflecks pops in and out of the film every once in while and steals the scene every time! In fact, I've used some of his dialogue from the film. It's pretty funny!
"Wall Street" What a grand movie! I wonder what the remake would be of it now? As you can see from the computer in the background this movie came out a long time ago but it was masterfully done. I have no complaints about it whatever!
This is a keeper as well. When I first came to DirecTV this was the top sales rep on the floor gave me to watch. It was awesome. Megan actually had this one in her collection before we met!..... right next to the "Bring It On" DVD.... ugh.
Finally, one of my favorites to talk about it this one. Slightly different too as the story revolves around 3 salesmen trying to reel in a "big fish" when by accident the rookie of the bunch gets his shot at selling "the Big Kahuna" on the product. What happens? Does he succeed? How's it end? You'll have to watch it for the answer. One thing I will say, this movie may very well be the best of the bunch!

Have a great week folks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, 2 for the money was TOTALLY lame. But the rest on your list were excellent.

-Melton

Anonymous said...

i like "two for the money" and my movies are alphabetized so it is not by "bring it on". Anyway I want to watch "the big kahuna"...it has peter facinelli in it. we should watch it this week.

Meg

Anonymous said...

You were good at sales but 4 dumbass people had to screw over their call center and let everyone go.

kidcardco said...

Ha ha, thanks anonymous! Oh and Meltdown you are SO wrong about Two for the Money! Watch it again. Trust me. You'll love it!

PS- You're so money man and you just don't know it!

Anonymous said...

I saw it again on TV about a month ago, and watched bits and pieces of it, and it cemented my opinion. I love the two leads, but even they can't rescue lame writing.

"Our little baby's all groweds up. Cause you're groweds up and you're groweds up and you're groweds up."

We'll be down there probably in June, so keep us in mind, we need to hang out.