Wednesday, October 31, 2007

First off I’d like to thank the hundreds of messages I received from everyone this week. I thank you for your prayers and wanted to let everyone know that we are all doing well. If anything, pray for my grandmother. She rejoiced more than anyone else there and I was very inspired by her to say the least. She means the world to me and I love her dearly!

Now, time to move on.

A few things before I start posting strips again tomorrow. (yes that means a Saturday post)

First off. I just want everyone to know that I did not watch ONE game of the playoffs or the World Series this year. Therefore keeping my word once the Mets were out that I would not watch another baseball game for the rest of the year. When was the last time I never saw a playoff or World Series game? 1994… during the strike.

Also, I’d like to thank everyone in Texarkana for letting me once again host their annual costume contest at this years Fall Fest. Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of it as I did last time but I assure you it was quite fun.

By the way, the comic strips for the next few weeks will focus on actual things that have happened to me while giving interviews for the company. I had several of you “rotfl” (as they say) in my e-mails explaining some of these characters to you already. A lot of you have been asking for this strip for about 2 months now so I’m finally going to give it to you. I’m know you’ll enjoy it.

Finally, I’d like everyone to take a moment to celebrate today… Cardco Day. Yes sir-ree! It was on this very day back in 1993 that Cardco (my favorite comic book shop) shut it’s door for the very last time. Thus inspiring my comic book series to start.

How tragic was this loss?! Well, Baseball went on strike. That good enough for ya? If anyone would like to join me tonight I’ll be holding a candle light vigil to my comix namesake. Everyone is welcome. : )

After that, it’s All Saints Day, followed by All Souls Day, so party on this Nov. 1st and 2nd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ill be there in spirit! lol.

I'm off to a Reformation Day party!