Friday, October 12, 2007

FFF for October

I can't believe we're already moving thru the month of October! Where does the time fly?! Well, I did a little study about the specials things and events that took place in October so here's what I came up with!

Oct 17, 1775 The US Navy was established
Henry Ford introduced the first Model T in Oct 1903
Dick Tracy's first comic strip was printed in 1931
Orson Wells scared them all in his first broadcast on "War of the Worlds" way back in 1938
Also in 1947 President Harry S Truman gave the first televised White House address in history
The Twilight Zone premiered in 1959 and the Mickey Mouse club started on Oct of 1955 and Saturday Night Live in 1975!

Have fun this weekend folks. I know I sure am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did a massive presentation over President Harry S. Truman back in grade 4.

yes!

did you know that the S. in lui of his middle name is not an abreviation... that's right his middle name was simply S

kidcardco said...

Ooh! A bonus FFF! I had forgotten about that! Nice.

kidcardco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.