Friday, December 08, 2006

X-mas shopping anyone?

So I really need to get some X-mas shopping done this weekend but somehow I doubt that's going to happen. I used to be horrible at it. Waiting till X-mas Eve until I "rush-shopped" all the stores searching for last minute gifts!

I think the hardest thing is just making the time to do it! I'm pretty sure of what to get most people this year but it's just taking the time to get it done is my problem. I always have something "more important" to do.

Like draw... and read Star Wars books.... and watch reruns of Star Trek. As you can see with my busy schedule I'm swamped!

The last 2 years weren't so bad though. I actually got a lot of it done in the first few weeks of December. Now to tie that record it gives me just one week to do it all and I just don't see that happening. I'm WAY too tired when I get off work that I really don't feel like going anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I love buying gifts for people but it's just the shopping around part of it that doesn't thrill me.

Plus (and I've got to know this) does anyone else go out and buy a little something for themselves while they X-mas shop? You know, kinda like a little reward for ones self for being so good over the holidays? Just wondering, cause I did it every year but the last one and that's because I basically had everything I needed at the time.

Anyway, whatever you're doing this weekend have a good time folks and I'll see you next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Self-gifting" is a healthy thing if you ask me. I'm all for treating myself with a little sumptin' sumptin' around Christmas.

I recommend candy necklaces...it's the new mistletoe.

Two feet of snow up here,
Jad

Anonymous said...

I recommend a new tie. Maybe something little more GAY!

kidcardco said...

Ha ha ha! And if I change my name to Remy, it'll be perfect right?

PS- Jad, you slay me sir.

Oh, Idaho said...

Gosh, Matt way to make me choke on my pizza.