Monday, March 18, 2024

The Holdovers (review)

 

After Christmas last year I've had so many people recommend this movie to me that I thought I'd try it out for myself. 

The movie is set in the early 70's about a boys school where one of the teachers is forced to stay on campus with all the kids who don't have a place to go over the holidays. 

As fate would have it, one father shows up and takes everyone with his to ski in the mountains....everyone but the only kid who's parents fail to pick up the phone and give him permission to go. 

The 2 then form a bond of the Xmas break and share some misadventures along the way. 

Overall, it's really not that bad. Though I probably wouldn't watch it again it DID hold my attention the whole way through. At first I thought about waiting until next Christmas to watch this but I'm glad I watched it now. I think I would have forgotten about it if I'd have waited. 

Worth your time if you want to give it a try. 

No comments: