Monday, March 11, 2024

Memory Lane (13)


 Here's the old slugger in rare form!!!

Actually, the ball hit me more than I hit it. But I loved the sport and still love it today. My only hope is Forest will be great at it since talent is said to "skip a generation"

If that's true, he'll be playing in the majors!

I remember my last game of the season when we were playing the #1 team to win the division. I was up to bat with 2 outs and before my bat was over, everyone had already packed up and left the dugout. (true story) No one wanted me to sit with them at the pizza party the next week either so I sat by myself until one of the assistant coaches sat with me. 

Sad day. 

But I got to play a few more seasons with Dad in a hardball league after, which made up for the bad memories this carries. 

No comments: