Wednesday, January 17, 2024

PURGE 2024 (8)

I'm shocked too. But I realized the reason this was only coming out once a year anymore was because the game was getting very repetitive over the years. Now the new version may have changed that and to be honest, I'm not against making a trade someday for the new version of the game but for now, the trade value was high and the gameplays were low so the decsion was made ot cut it. 

Oof! My first back Kickstarter!! Beautiful game, but rarely came out to the table. You rarely got to use a lot of the minis the game came with but in the end I started seeing it as a very pretty game with simple mechanisms that weren't enough to hold my attention. 

Feld strikes (out) again! Man! I thought the gme was fun but my gaming group was not impressed. In fact, I had to keep explaining the rules to them each time because they kept forgetting what to do. Now if this game only came out once a year I'd understand that...but this came out several times after I reviewed it and each time people were lost. So I purged it. 

No surprise here. Good game, but the iconagraphy is enough to drive you insane!! What was Game Brewer thinking when they released this?! Didn't anyone take a look at the instructions and say "Hey, I think we need to trim this down a bit" 


Ugh! I tried hard to keep this game in my colleciton but my gaming group simply couldn't grasp the concept and I'll never know why. It's not a hard game to learn but it just wasn't delivering the message with my gaming group who complained constantly they didn't know what they were supposed to do. I never found this game hard to understand but am I wrong? Is this a heavy game and I just don't know it??

Doubtful, but maybe that was the case. Who knows?
 

No comments: