Tuesday, January 09, 2024

PURGE 2024 (2)

Let me be clear....I LOVE this game. But for years no one will play it with me, so I finally decided to let it go. It's easy to pick up should I ever need it but I'm doubtful anyone will ever play it with me again. 

Another game I LOVED but NO ONE else did. Every time I played it I was bummed out because no one else at the table ever shared my excitment for the game. This WAS my Star Trek game! And the only one I ever wanted in my colleciton. But when no one else cares for it, there's no sense in keeping it around. 

Another game I was over the moon about! I LOVE the incredible unique mechanism of how planets move around the sun, changing the time it takes to travel between planets. BRILLIANT!
But no one knows Buck Rogers in my gaming group and even though I brought this our several times to my adult group, it never took off for them. The pieces looked good and the gameplay was solid for being so old, but it didn't exicte my group and with no one else to play it with me, I let my "dream game" go. (trade value was pretty good as well, which also added to my decsion)


Yes, even Waddington wasn't immune to my purge this year. I looked at each Waddington game but the only one I had the heart to cut was this one. I'll be honest, the others my have to look out in the future because only good memories protected them this time around. I'm not so sure how that'll stack up before the next purge comes...

Easy set up, fun little game but if you don't roll the polar bear much in the game, it's just a simple boring racing game. It doesn't happen every game we played. But frequent enough for me to toss it in a trade. 

Another sad day. This was in my Top 10 for Vintage games back in the day. I love this little card game. But it went over like a lead balloon with my group and nephews. No enjoyed it as much as me and it rarely came out at all which is why it got purged from my collection. 
 

No comments: