Friday, December 01, 2023

2nd Boardgame Purge of 2023 (9)

 

I won't lie...this one hurt the worst. 

I have 4th edition. I love 4th edition. I don't think I'll ever play 3rd edition now that the expansion to 4th came out. 

I kept telling myself I would return to it one day but it's never going to happen and I know that now. 3rd edition carried SO MANY good memories for me. I tried to gift it to my friend when he came down for Labor Day but he declined saying he really didn't have a gaming group willing to play it. 

I knew then, that it had to go. It's trade value has risen over the years due to everyone loving the short printed 2nd expansion for the game (which mine comes with) So the trade value was high but before I wrapped it up in the box, I opened it up and took one last look at all the memories stored inside. 

4th edition is creating those memories for me now, so I said one last goodbye and sent it packing with the rest. 

RIP 3rd edition. Thanks for the memories. 

Have a good weekend folks. 

No comments: